Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rochester With My Best Friend Heather =)

This past weekend I went home with my best friend Heather to Rochester New York...we had Friday and Monday off for Easter break, it was a perfect break from school.  We had been planning this trip for months and had so much that we wanted to accomplish...and we did a good job of getting most of it done.  With both of us having an immense love for cooking and baking we constructed a list of things we wanted to make.  We ended up making two super yummy and totally adorable Easter desserts.  The first one was homemade peanut butter eggs...it was super simple to make!!  It was basically creme cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla and then we melted chocolate to coat them...we used white chocolate and dyed it green, and dark chocolate.  We really wanted to make them purple, but of course blue was missing from the food coloring and that is an essential part of purple haha but the green color was just as cute =)
Next we made my absolute FAVORITE...carrot cake cupcakes...carrot cake could possibly be one of my favorite things in the whole wide world.  And this carrot cake is out of the ordinary it has coconut and nuts and raisins and a whole bunch of yummy things in it...I am going to ask Heather for the recipe so I can put it up here =)
As you can see we made them super cute by dying coconut green for grass and adding some adorable peeps on top!
Not only did we just bake on this trip, Heather took me around to see the highlights of Rochester.  I had never been to a Tim Hortons before, and let me just tell ya it was amazing!  I got a mocha for $1.50...and it was one of the best mocha's I have ever had.  And a chocolate chip muffin that was SO good...it tasted homemade!

And last but certainly not least I finally got to have a famous Rochester Garbage Plate!  After hearing Heather talk about it every since I have known her I have always wanted to try one.  Basically, it is just a styrofoam container filled with a cheeseburger patty and your choice of homefries, regular fries, salt potatoes, baked beans, or macaroni salad...you pick two sides (I of course picked homefries and salt potatoes because I have a thing against creamy and weird textures and both baked beans and macaroni fall into the gross creamy texture category...except for williams-sonoma baked beans, I'll eat those!)
Here it is before everything was mixed together...
And here it is after...definitely not for someone who can't have their foods touch haha!  It looks gross but it was ooh so good

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to say that there is powdered sugar in the eggs! (and I don't think there was vanilla in them) and there is pineapple in the cupcakes, too. And the most important part of a garbage plate is the hot sauce. :) just wanted to clarify all those things haha.

    ReplyDelete