Friday, March 11, 2011

Italian Chocolate Truffles!

Today for my birthday my mom gave me a cook book all about chocolate!  Being that chocolate is my favorite thing, it was definitely an exciting gift...I want to make everything!!  These truffles looked delicious...and they were!!

First...you need to have a double boiler...which can be made by taking a bowl and placing it over a saucepan with simmering water...but a real double boiler looks like this...
As the chocolate is melting add orange liqueur...or you can use amaretto (move quickly because the liqeur will burn if you let it sit in the pan)...then add powdered sugar, butter, and crushed almonds...
Set the mixture aside in a bowl to set...
After the mixture is set (but not completely cool) begin to roll it into balls...
After the balls are formed allow them to set in the fridge...then you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar...

 They were so rich!  And fantastic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment